5 most popular Short Term Car Leases for June 2019
It’s been another busy month for short term car leases, fuelled by the pending Brexit, uncertainty in the markets and possibly a new Prime Minister for the UK.
We have also seen a rise of long term leasing customers go into flexible vehicles, not wanting to commit to Petrol and Diesel cars for 2/3 years, as there has been a flood of new Electric Cars on the market.
This month I’m going to split the cars into 2 categories, Flexible and Fixed Contracts, I will also give a brief description of what the 2 short term car lease programs are…
Most Popular Flexible Short Term Car Leases
First let me explain our flexible short term car lease program, in fact its more of a car hire with better rates than daily rental. The prices on our website are based on taking a vehicle 90 days or more, but you can return the car after 28 days and pay a surcharge.
You can also keep the flexible short term car lease for up to 12 months, which is better than many other providers who like to swap every 3/6 months.
So here we are, the most popular flexible short term car leases for July:
- Volkswagen Golf GTD — This used to be our most popular car month in month out, but with WLTP, VW had quite a few issues making the GTD hit the standards. However, its back up on top!
- BMW X4 — The recently refreshed X4 is looking much better these days, with the back end looking so much better than the front. The refreshed cockpit has also given the car a new lease of life!
- Mercedes CLA — This is currently on run out by Mercedes and looking at the current offers, there are plenty to get rid of. Our customers are still happy to be in either the coupe or the shooting brake.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport — This model is still in the top 5 cars and with good reason, its a great looking SUV, lovely to drive and with plenty of space on board. Plus the models we have in stock are a great spec.
- BMW 1 Series — This is mainly the BMW 116d EfficientDynamics advertised at a headline rate and with plenty of stock, this company car tax friendly car is still as popular as ever.
Most popular Short Term Fixed Car leases
We also offer fixed contracts on our short term car leases, these vary from 5–12 months and are dictated by the manufacturer. So where possible I have put the vehicle and the term that it was based on. Some people just want the term over the type of vehicle.
- Lexus NX Estate Hybrid — 6 Month Car Lease — This model is popular with company car drivers due to the hybrid technology and with plenty of kit on board and of course bluetooth, reps up and down the UK can keep in touch with their clients.
- Volvo XC60–5 Month Car Lease — The Volvo XC60 demand hasn’t really slowed down, however, availability has. With not much stock around, customers really are fighting to get their initial rental paid to secure a deal.
- Kia Sportage — 6 Month Car Lease — The Kia Sportage out performs all of the other models from the Kia range, this has been the case for the last 2/3 years. Great engines, great specification and reliability that counts.
- Mercedes GLC Estate — 12 Month Car Lease — These are still as popular as ever, even with the new model due to hit the road in the not too distant future. We still have some left!
- Land Rover Discovery Sport — 12 Month Car Lease — Yes, the Land Rover Discovery Sport has hit both the flexible and the fixed contract chart. Again, great specification offered and a popular choice for many.
Most requested Short Term Car Leases…
As I did in my previous “What are the 5 most popular Short Term Car Leases?” — I want to let everyone know what our most requested short term car leases are, and here goes:
- Tesla Model 3 — Yep, this is number 1 again and now with only the Standard Range Plus and the Performance versions available, its a difficult choice for those who use their Tesla Model 3’s on a daily basis. Although not an issue as they still aren’t available on a Tesla short term car lease. Use our Tesla Referral Code.
- New BMW 3 Series — We won’t get these as yet, but when we do we will have a lot of excited customers. BMW has really gone to town with the upgrades on this model.
- Mercedes-Benz S Class — We do have a small number of these available on our short term car lease programs but not as many as we’d like. Luxurious to the tee! This car really is a car to be driven or to be driven in.
- Nissan Leaf Electric — Another car we’d love to see on Short Term Car Lease, but for the time being long term lease or purchasing is the only way Cocoon Vehicles can supply this car.
- Mercedes GLE — Yes another Mercedes, but this time we can’t as yet supply this amazing refresh. Digital cockpits, 7 seat options and a fantastic new 2.0 diesel engine makes this one of the most popular large SUV’s.
What are your thoughts?
What do you think about the most popular models listed above? As you can see some of them are repeats from out last story, but this is because that model remains popular. What would you request if you could have any car on a short term car lease?